What’s so great about Vivint?
I have been very impressed with Vivint. Vivint has been around since 1999 and has continued to grow. The technology, customer service and infrastructure seems second to none. What else is so exciting is that Vivint is very affordable. It’s only $39.99/month if you don’t have cameras and $49.99/month if you do. Simple. No extra monthly fees for the equipment. As soon as the equipment is paid for it belongs to you.
Vivint, Inc. (formerly known as APX Alarm Security Solutions Inc., or shortened to Vivint., stylized as vivint. or vivint.SmartHome) is a private smart home services provider in the United States and Canada. In 2012, The Blackstone Group acquired Vivint for more than $2 billion. As of August 2016, Vivint had more than one million customers in the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is listed on the Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers” and was also named one of Forbes’ “Most Promising Companies” in 2013. (from Wikipedia)matters most with:
- Remote Mobile Control
- Motion Detection
- Glass Break Detectors
- And Much More (see below)
“Whether you want to keep your family safe and secure, save money on energy bills or control your home with your phone, Vivint Sky has the perfect solution for you. No matter your needs, Vivint’s Smart Security, Smart Energy or Smart Control plan will provide the best options for you and your family.” (from the Consumer Affairs web site)
- Nationwide Free In-Home Consultation
- Nationwide Professional Installation
- Touchscreen Panel Comes Standard
- Highest Mobile App Rating Among Competitors
- 24/7 Customer Support
- 2-Way Voice Panel with Monitoring Support
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Works with Amazon Echo
- Works with Alexa
Hands-Free Voice Control
- Lock Doors
- Close Garage Door
- Arm Security System
- Turn on/off Lights
- Adjust Thermostat
Smart Home Products & Services
- You own any of the equipment that you order after it’s paid for
- Smart Doorbell Camera w/ App & Panel Integration
- Indoor Camera
- 30 Day 24/7 Continuous Video Recording
- Smart Thermostat
- Occupancy-based Temperature Management
- Smart Door Lock
- Smart Garage Control
- Gives you remote access to systems including heating and cooling systems, intercoms, music and multimedia devices throughout the home.
- With an integrated hard drive, you can watch video or listen to audio in any room.
- Video intercoms make it easy to communicate with others in the home or visitors at the door.
- Streamline common tasks.
Most companies offer a discount on your insurance premium for having a monitored security system active. Here are some examples:
- Nationwide – 15% off
- State Farm – 20% off
- Allstate – 15% off
- Hartford – up to 20% off
- Advanced security systems with cameras, motion sensors and a link to the local police station or a private security company.
- Smart homes may also use key cards or fingerprint identification in place of conventional locks.
- Makes it harder for someone to break in.
- For elderly or disabled residents, a smart home features accessibility technologies.
- You can use voice-command systems can do things like control lights, lock doors, operate a telephone or use a computer.
- You can set a schedule for automatic tasks like watering the lawn, removing the need to perform these labor-intensive tasks on a regular basis.
- You get enhanced energy-efficiency. Lights can shut off automatically when no one is in a room, and the thermostat can be set to let the indoor temperature drop during the day before returning it to a more comfortable level just before residents arrive in the evening.
- Combined with modern, energy-efficient appliances, your smart home technology combines to save on electricity, water and natural gas.
- All of this reduces the strain on natural resources in your community, making your home more “green.”
- When it comes time to sell a smart home, sellers will have an abundance of effective selling points.
- The seller can explain the system and discuss how it makes life easier.
- Homes with automated systems have the potential to sell for much more than comparable homes with conventional technologies.
- Automating a home can be a worthwhile investment in increasing its market value and attracting possible buyers in the future.
- Forbes List of America’s Best Employers: Vivint is one of 500 companies in the U.S. to make the inaugural Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers.” Vivint is also the top-ranked security and home automation company on the list and was named to Forbes list of “America’s Most Promising Companies” in 2013.
- Vivint is the 2015 recipient of the Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Home Security System.
- Best Contact Centers in the World: Vivint’s Customer Solutions Manager Matt Hansen won the Silver award for “Best Use of Social Media in a Contact Center” from the Global Contact Center.
- The Stevie Awards selected Vivint as the Customer Service Department of the Year from more than 1,500 organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry.
- Vivint won a 2013 Inc. Hire Power Award from Inc. magazine, ranking at #2 on the publication’s list of winners. Inc. Magazine also named Vivint the #1 job-creating company in consumer products and services and the #1 job creator in Utah.
- PCMag named Vivint Sky one of the Best Products of the Year in 2015.
- Consumers Digest rated Vivint a “Best Buy” in 2016.
- Vivint won two Gold Stevie Awards and two Silver Stevie Awards for Customer Service in 2016.
- Vivint Smart Home was the overall winner of the Business Intelligence Group’s inaugural Best Places to Work award contest.
“The system is fantastic and easy to use. It’s nice to have control of my thermostat without having to get out of bed…”
“We love our Vivint system integrated with our Amazon Echo. Such a seamless and user friendly experience.”
“The new element thermostat is easily saving me $50 each month on electricity. My Vivint system pretty much pays for itself.”
What else is exciting is that Vivint is in the Solar Energy business as well. If you get an itch for that at some point, we’d be happy to get you set up with that also when the time is right.
In 2011, Vivint Inc. launched a standalone company, Vivint Solar, as a solar electricity provider that designs, installs, and maintains residential photovoltaic systems. The company offers solar panels via a power purchase agreement (PPA). Vivint Solar owns, installs, and maintains solar panels on customers’ homes in exchange for customers agreeing to purchase the solar energy their panels produce. Customers do not pay for installation, but pay for energy that the panels produce, for the life of the contracts. Vivint Solar is similar to other alternative solar companies like SolarCity, SunRun, and Sungevity. Its innovation in the field is the use of microinverters for each separate solar panel, allowing maximum production when some of the panels are in the shade. (from Wikipedia)